Last-Minute Hostess Gifts You Can Bake or Make
It's the season for parties — I often feel like December is a series of gatherings to celebrate the holidays, bond with family friends, and keep out of the cold. The succession of shindigs also makes for many opportunities to show gratitude to the host but not always an abundance of time to make that happen. Here I've gathered 11 hostess gifts you can quickly make or bake using commonly found ingredients.
Whether it's a sweet treat or the practical gift of a filling breakfast, an edible gift to enjoy following the party is a safe bet.
Breakfast for the next day
- Quick and Homey Oatmeal Raisin Muffins
- Make Your Own Fruit-on-the-Bottom Yogurt Cup
- Make-Ahead Crustless Mini Quiches
Something to drink
Spiced or herbed nuts
- Savory Spiced Pecans
- Chez Panisse Herbed Almonds
- Ina Garten's Rosemary Roasted Cashews
- DIY Honey-Roasted Peanuts