Hunker Down! The Kitchn's Best Hurricane and Winter Storm Advice
Battening down the hatches, waiting for Hurricane Sandy on her long, slow approach? Watching weather newscasters on TV getting blown over on the beach? Pass the time doing something more productive, like prepping for a power outage and cooking up some good food! Here are some good posts from our archives discussing storm preparedness in the kitchen, and dealing with power outages. Good luck to everyone in the path of the storm! What are you doing today to prepare?
• Cooking in a Hurricane? 5 Tips for Staying Safe & Well-Fed
• What Are the Best Foods to Prepare Before a Hurricane?
• How Do I Prepare My Kitchen for a Hurricane?
• Power Out? A Guide to Refrigerator Safety When You Don't Have Electricity
• Hurricane Irene and What We Ate: Observations from NYC
(Image: NOAA/ National Weather Service)