Here's Every Family-Friendly Dinner Recipe You Could Ever Need
I've been cooking family dinner for seven years now, and despite a rigorous meal planning routine I still find there are days (or weeks) where I just can't figure out what to feed my family.
Here are 50 of our favorite family meals — a list that includes everything from chicken fingers to pancakes — that you can pin, bookmark, or save for those nights when you need a dinner recipe that the whole family will love.
Winning Chicken Dinners
Chicken is a staple of family dinner because it can be turned into almost anything, has mild flavor, and is inexpensive. Frankly, there are a lot of chicken recipes on this list for those very reasons too.
- How To Make Crispy Oven-Baked Chicken Tenders with Creamy Dip Trio
- The Best Creamy, Cheesy Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice
- How To Make the Easiest-Ever Chicken Enchiladas
- Instant Pot Weeknight Chicken and Rice Burrito Bowls
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- Slow Cooker Whole Chicken Soup
- Easy Butter Chicken Ever from Your Instant Pot
- The Best BBQ Chicken from the Oven
- Slow Cooker Salsa Pulled Chicken
- Slow Cooker BBQ Shredded Chicken
- 3-Ingredient BBQ Ranch Chicken Bites Are Calling Your Name
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Make This Slow Cooker Chicken Chili for Dinner Tonight
- 20-Minute Chicken Teriyaki
My own childhood was filled with ground beef dinners: hamburger helper, sloppy Joes, pasta with quick meat sauce. It is another protein that is easily accessible to children and can also be stretched to feed the neighborhood kids. There are a few ground turkey and lamb recipes here, too.
- How To Make Stuffed Peppers
- Easy, Cheesy Taco Casserole
- Super-Fast Sloppy Joes
- One-Skillet Cheesy Beef and Macaroni
- Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
- Cheap & Easy Turkey Chili
- Naan Wraps with Homemade Cucumber Raita
Pasta for All
Pasta is quick-cooking and filling, making it a backbone of family dinner. Partnering pasta with new vegetables is one of my favorite techniques for introducing them, but you can also add kid favorites like peas and call dinner done in less than 20 minutes.
- Cheesy Ravioli Pasta Bake (aka Lazy Lasagna)
- Broccoli-Cheddar Risotto
- How To Make an All-Star Baked Ziti
- Lemony Broccoli Pasta
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
- One-Pot Pasta Primavera
- 5-Ingredient Stovetop Mac & Cheese
- Classic Stuffed Shells
I hesitate to call this part of the list vegetarian, because there might be some rough bacon toppings here and there. Plus, these recipes are for any parent (not just the vegetarian ones) who might be scratching their head wondering "When is the last time my 4-year-old ate a vegetable?"
- Chicken Nuggets
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Vegetarian Casserole
- Cheesy Corn Pudding
- Slow Cooker Coconut Lentil Curry
- Sheet Pan Vegetable Frittata
- BBQ Tofu Bowls
- Super-Simple Sheet Pan Potato Nachos
- Crispy Sheet Pan Gnocchi and Vegetables
- Sheet Pan Sweet Potato Fajitas
- How To Make Easy Slow Cooker Potato Soup
- Vegetable Breakfast Hash
- Black Bean and Corn Quesadilla for a Crowd
We have pizza every Friday night; it is as much a family ritual as it is an easy way to eat up leftovers and keep my kids excited about eating at home.
- Sheet Pan Pizza: The Minivan of Pizzas Gets Dinner Done!
- A Recipe That Lets You Have Your Pizza and Vegetables Too!
- Zucchini Pesto Pizza Rolls for Picky Kids and Busy Parents
Serving pancakes or a smoothie for dinner on a Wednesday night makes you a cool parent. I've polled my daughter's first-grade class, and they agree: Breakfast for dinner is way more fun than dinner for dinner.
- Breakfast Grain Bowls
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Fried Rice
- Easiest-Ever Pancakes
- Slow Cooker Breakfast Burrito Bowls