15 Snacks to Stash in Your Purse
I used to giggle at the idea of purse snacks. I mean, only moms need them since they're on the go with kids, right? Wrong! I can't count the number of times I've been saved from dangerously low blood-sugar levels and the ensuing crankiness by scarfing down a snack that was stashed in my purse or bag.
Purse snacks have to be fairly non-perishable so you can carry them around for a couple of days at room temperature without worrying about them. They also have to be sturdy and hold up to all the constant rummaging around we do in our purses and bags — there's nothing worse than a snack that's turned into a pile of mush or crumbs.
Here are our favorite purse snacks!
Granola and Energy Bars
- Hazelnut-Cocoa Granola Bars with Dried Figs
- Smoked Almond Snack Bars
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Energy Bars
- How To Make 3-Ingredient Energy Bars at Home
- How To Make Granola Bars at Home
- How To Make Crackers at Home
- Homemade Jerky in the Oven
- Curry-Roasted Pistachios
- Savory Spiced Pecans
- Sweet & Salty Curried Popcorn
- Hazelnut & Cherry Whole-Grain Crackers
- Maple-Tamari Roasted Almonds
- Deluxe Tropical Trail Mix
What are your favorite purse snacks?