14 Green Breakfast Recipes to Start Your Day off Right
Spinach, kale, and other green vegetables are overshadowed by so many other ingredients when it comes to breakfast, but why? Why not stuff your breakfast with greens? Push aside the pretty pastry and loaded oatmeal recipes on your Instagram feed; it's time to give greens a chance.
From scrambled eggs with green peppers and mushrooms, to a green breakfast smoothie, here are 14 recipes that will help you sneak more greens into your day, first thing in the morning.
Eggs and greens go hand-in-hand for breakfast. It's so easy to throw in some sautéed spinach to your scrambled or fried egg without really following a recipe. If you're feeding a bunch of people for breakfast or brunch, then a bigger casserole with lots different greens – like zucchini and asparagus – is the way to go.
If you're on the go, my favorite way to get greens in the morning is a breakfast smoothie. I prep the ingredients beforehand (including the greens) and store them in the freezer so I can just dump everything in my blender when I wake up. Pour the thing in a Mason jar and you can be on your way.
What are your favorite ways to eat greens for breakfast?
14 Green Breakfast Recipes
Fried, Scrambled, and Baked Eggs
- Scrambled Eggs & Mustard Greens on Toast
- Scrambled Eggs with Goat Cheese, Greek Yogurt & Greens
- Scrambled Eggs with Green Peppers & Mushrooms
- Egg, Arugula, and Herb Tartine
- Freezer-Friendly Spinach-Feta Breakfast Wraps
- Green Shakshuka
- Fried Eggs & Collard Greens over Polenta
Casseroles, Quiches, and Frittatas
- Persian Herb Frittata (Kuku Sabzi)
- Breakfast Polenta Squares with Spinach & Bacon
- Zucchini and Asparagus Strata
- Mini Spinach Quiches with Flax Crust
Super Green Recipes
- Super-Power Morning Smoothie
- Green Smoothie with Spinach, Pear, and Ginger
- Kale & Quinoa Salad with Dates, Almonds & Citrus Dressing - A breakfast salad!