12 Sweet and Savory Recipes for Smarter Snacking
I eat a lot of snacks throughout the week. Instead of trying to curb my habits, I embrace my love for snacks with open arms — with one caveat. I may snack often, but I make an effort to snack smart.
Whether you have a sweet tooth that doesn't quit or you prefer something on the savory side, these 12 recipes will put you on track for smarter afternoon snacking.
It's easy to reach for a cookie or piece of chocolate when you have a sweet tooth, but there are smarter choices out there; ones that are just as satisfying. From summery spring rolls filled with fruit to popcorn trail mix drizzled with chocolate, these snacks give you the kind of break your afternoon deserves.
Roasted chickpeas and cheesy vegan kale chips are musts for anyone who craves a crisp, savory, sensible snack. And, if you're a nut lover, these smoky almond snack bars need to be on your radar.
Sweet Snack Recipes
- Chocolate & Pistachio Popcorn Trail Mix
- Fruit Salad in a Jar
- Cocoa-Hazelnut Granola Bars with Dried Figs
- Apple Sandwiches with Honeyed Peanut Butter, Oats & Raisins
- Summer Fruit Spring Rolls
- Muesli Cookies
Savory Snack Recipes
- Crispy Roasted Chickpeas
- Cheesy Vegan Kale Chips
- Smoked Almond Snack Bars
- Spiced Cucumber Sticks with Chaat Masala
- Maple-Tamari Roasted Almonds
- Roasted Edamame with Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper