10 Simple Ingredients to Make Your Soups Even More Delicious
Want to boost your soup just a little more? We gave you our very best tip for livening-up a dull soup (it probably needs just one little ingredient), and now here are 10 more tips and ingredients for making your soup a little bit better. From Parmesan rinds to thyme stalks, these are simple additions to boost flavor and make your soup taste more satisfying.
- Cheese Rinds - Throw an otherwise useless cheese rind into your soup; it's pretty magical.
- Whole Sprigs of Thyme - Throw in whole sprigs of thyme; the leaves will come off on their own, and you just pull out the stalks.
- Poultry Seasoning - A good boost for vegetable soup.
- Shiitake Mushroom Stems - Don't throw them out! Put them in soup.
- Yogurt - A great way to make soup creamy.
- Greens - Stir in a handful of greens right at the end. They wilt and become a tasty part of the soup.
- V8 - Savory vegetable juice is a great way to perk up a soup.
- Roasted Garlic - I love whisking in some soft, roasted garlic.
- Good Meat for Stew - Some tips for choosing the very best (and tastiest) meats for beef stew.
- Slurry - Want to thicken soup without cream? Here's how to do it.
What are your favorite add-ins and flavor boosters for soup?
(Image: Nora Singley)