10 New Tricks for Old Ingredients
Guess what? Burgers, hot dogs, and even pigs-in-a-blanket don't have to contain meat. In fact, there are fun vegetable substitutes for these comforting meat-centric dishes that don't require hard-to-find ingredients or weird chemicals or flavorings.
Here are ten classic ingredients like cucumbers, jam, and even grapes that can find new life as healthy substitutes for bread, bottled sauce, or even olives!
Even if healthy cooking isn't really on your radar, there are some fun ideas here for classic dishes that can be remade into something entirely new with a simple ingredient swap.
- Why Cucumber Is the New Baguette
- Jam: The New Steak Sauce
- Broccoli: The New Breadcrumbs
- Summer Squash: The New Hot Dog
- Cauliflower: The New Burger
- Grapes Are the New Cocktail Olive
- Sweet Potatoes Are the New Pig and Zucchini Is the New Blanket
- Potatoes: The New Quiche Crust
- Bananas: The New Buttercream
- Lentils: The New Gravy
* * *