10 Easy Sangrias for Fall
Cranberry Sangria at CHOW
Honeycrisp Apple Sangria at Food & Wine
White Sangria at HGTV
Red Wine Pomegranate Sangria at Pink Parsley
Spiced Apple Cider Sangria at My Life as a Mrs.
Sangria is one of my favorite things. It turns fruit and wine into something absolutely divine. And you don't even have to buy expensive wine! There are those who advocate using good wine for sangria, but I'm a firm believer in finding a great budget buy at the store. Seeing that under-10-dollar bottle of wine transformed into something delicious and drinkable is nothing short of magical.
Here are a few sangrias that are perfect for autumn, from Thanksgiving to Christmas, and everything in between.
Best wine for sangria: The 5 Best Red Wines for Sangria
Sangria is typically thought of as a hot-weather drink, but when the cold sets in each year, I miss it terribly. There's always mulled wine to look forward to (and I love mulled wine), but nothing can quite take the place of a tall glass of wine and fruit.
Sangria is also one of the easiest and best cocktails for a crowd. It's better made ahead, so you can just have a pitcher ready to go in the fridge when the first guest knocks on your door.
That's why I've scoured Kitchn (and the distant reaches of the internet!) to bring you these fall-appropriate sangrias. Now there's something to be thankful for.
- Sparkling Apple Cider Sangria: A classic for fall.
- Peach Lambic and Rye Sangria: The sweet peach comes from a lambic beer, and the spicy rye is so fall.
- Sparkling White Cranberry Sangria: A lighter, brighter sangria that still hits all the right holiday notes.
- Non-Alcoholic Sangria: A fruity punch everyone at the party can enjoy.
- How To Make Red Wine Sangria: The classic, old-school Spanish-style sangria is actually well-suited to autumn, with its bold richness and fall fruits of pears and apples.
- This cranberry sangria would be the perfect complement to Thanksgiving dinner.
- Honeycrisp apple sangria because apples are on the scene!
- A wintry white sangria with spices, apples, and pears.
- A red wine sangria with apples, pears, and pomegranate.
- Another spiced apple cider sangria.
(Images: Maureen Petrosky; Alexis Buryk; Emily Ho; Leela Cyd; CHOW; Food & Wine; HGTV; Josie of Pink Parsley; Tina of My Life as a Mrs.)
Updated from post originally published November 2011.